Fintech is changing the way banking and finance operate in modern society. The banking landscape is evolving for banks and customers. Companies that are taking advantage of the combination of finance and technology are able to implement modern tech into the banking business. This helps banks to become more customer-centric and cost-effective. Fintech can help businesses by enabling online pay, expanding financial options, innovating insurance, or expanding retirement options.
LSU Online & Continuing Education recently launched the Certified Fintech Professional Certificate program for individuals who would like to learn more about how finance and technology are intersecting to disrupt traditional business practices.
This fintech training program at LSU teaches individuals how to stay up-to-date on the latest emerging technology, guides them on how to think outside the box, and gives them the tools to create new resources to help keep their business focused on the customer. Students will gain the skills and knowledge needed to work in real-world situations. Participants of this program will learn the fundamentals, as well as how to implement financial technology so that innovation can happen in a collaborative, cross-functional fashion.
There is no application process, so individuals can start the program the same day they enroll.
Certified Fintech Professional Certificate is unique because it is:
- Proven to improve performance - the tools and frameworks taught in this course have been used by over 100 financial institutions to accelerate their operating tempo and drive results
- Outcome driven - this is not about buzzwords and platitudes, but implementable ideas at the individual and organizational level
- A building block for partnerships - Using the methodologies and vernacular from the course, banks will be in a position to partner with fintech and technology-driven companies
- Accelerated and focused - This program teaches the fundamentals of how to properly utilize fintech for businesses interested in investing in modern technology advancements.
- Personalized to ensure your success - This program is self-paced and completely online. Your instructor will work with you to answer questions you may have or offer individual feedback on projects. You will always have personalized support available if you need it.
- Resume Enhancer - Completion of this certificate includes a digital badge. This badge can be used to bulk up your online résumé and showcase your expertise in the topic. Some career outcomes for obtaining this certificate are Blockchain, Developer, Apps Developer, Financial Analyst, Product Manager, Compliance Expert, and Cybersecurity Analyst.
Who teaches the certificate courses?
LSU Online & Continuing Education is proud to allow students to earn a valuable professional development certification like the Certified Fintech Professional certificate. LSU offers courses with experienced professionals that have worked in the industry for years. Courses were designed by tried-and-true professionals with years of experience, so students can gain the information that they need in order to succeed in their position.
Jason Henrichs is at the forefront of innovation in banking and financial technology. In 2008, he co-founded one of the first challenger banks in the world. He is an active angel investor in fintech, co-host of Breaking Banks, the #1 global fintech podcast, and CEO of Alloy Labs, a consortium of close to 50 community and midsize banks. Jason began developing a methodology for banks to act more like technology companies in 2013. Today, this methodology is taught at Pacific Coast Banking School, University of Wisconsin Graduate School of Banking, and Graduate School of Banking at Louisiana State University.
“Fintech leaders bridge the gap between large organizations and the fintech ecosystem to innovate in a highly regulated environment. The finance world is in a state of fundamental change. Fintechs have always created interesting ideas, but now, they offer core financial services in the financial systems around the world, right beside traditional banks.” - Jason Henrich
Who is this course for?
Fintech is changing the way the financial world works. It is more than new technology; it is an approach to business. This course is designed for executives and emerging leaders looking to modernize the way their institutions works as well as individuals looking to advance their career by honing new skills. The certificate is broken into 3 courses that can be completed individually or complete all 3 for certification. Course 1 focuses on how to execute like a technology company. Anyone interested in improving performance, either at the individual or organizational level, should start here. Course 2 is about the strategic implications of the financial technology revolution. Senior executives and boards should take this course if they are only going to invest in one place; emerging leaders can use these strategic skills to improve the operating performance and planning for their scope of responsibility. The last course covers emerging technologies and most importantly their impact on the nuts and bolts of banking.
Interested in learning more about this program? Watch the recording of our recent informational webinar on our Certified Fintech Professional certificate program.