LSU Professional Development is proud of our partnership with the Alliance Safety Council to offer the Certified Occupational Safety Specialist (COSS®) program. COSS is a nationally recognized 40-hour, a five-day training program designed by safety professionals for the entry-level person or for the experienced safety person who needs a refresher in safety. Its main objective is to equip employees who have safety and health responsibilities with the core competencies they must master to be successful in occupational safety and health.
There are two options for the curriculum-based format of the COSS program:
- Hands-on, in-class, instructor-led training
- Live-online virtual instructor-led training
Benefits of achieving the Certified Occupational Safety Specialist designation:
- Greater recognition.
- Greater earning potential.
- Networking across multiple industries.
- Increased job security.
- Advanced learning and application of occupational safety.
- Achieve certification 60 percent faster than similar programs.
For more information about this course, email Answers or call 833-280-5634.