ART 2554 - Graphic Design I
Professional procedures for solving design problems from first ideas through finished presentations; emphasis on the integration of letter forms and graphics.
Credit is awarded from LSU–Baton Rouge
- Online, self-paced, open-enrollment period
- Six months to complete course
- 14 modules, 3 exams
- Software. Adobe Creative Suite that includes the following: Adobe Illustrator, Adobe PhotoShop, Adobe InDesign, Adobe AfterEffects, Silverlight, and Web Browser.
- Hardware. A camera or smartphone, flatbed scanner, web cam with a microphone (built-in or external), headphones or working speakers, and high speed internet. Web cam with a microphone (built-in or external), headphones or working speakers, and reliable high speed internet.
- Art supplies. Scissors, Xacto knife, metal ruler, white copy paper, cutting surface, Scotch Magic tape, and a sketchbook.
- You are also responsible for purchasing separately the required textbooks and any additional required materials for this course.
- Check with your advisor to be sure Distance Learning Programs are right for your degree. This online course does not currently meet the requirements of a studio credit for students in the Bachelor of Fine Arts Graphic Design concentration in the School of Art at LSU.
- If you are interested in re-enrolling in a course that you have already taken through our program, please contact us before registering. If you have any questions about registration or payment, please contact our office.