A survey of the construction industry to include an orientation to essential elements of professional practice and development in construction management.
A review of the construction industry to include an orientation to essential elements of professional practice and development in construction management. This course is designed to introduce the students to the construction industry and the profession of construction management. Upon completion, a student will be able to:
- Recognize construction industry segments and career paths.
- Explain the stages and activities of the construction process, including job preparation and project delivery.
- Describe bidding, estimates, contract types, schedules, and payment processes used in the construction industry.
- Analyze the role of quality assurance, safety and ethics in the construction industry.
This course runs on an several week term. It is not self-paced, but follows a weekly schedule. Check section information for exact weekly term information.
Credit is awarded from LSU–Baton Rouge
Eligibility: Students enrolled in a degree program at the LSU Baton Rouge campus or in an LSU Online degree program are not eligible to take these courses through Online Distance Learning.
Online Format: seven week enrollment period; 7 modules 2 exams
Special Requirements: a computer with reliable internet access, a webcam, and a headset or speakers, and a microphone.
You are also responsible for purchasing separately the required textbooks and any additional required materials for this course.
If you are interested in re-enrolling in a course that you have already taken through our program, please contact us before registering. If you have any questions about registration or payment, please contact our office.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Introduction to Construction Management Specialist Certificate : Introduction to Construction Management Specialist Certificate