CM 1112 - Construction Materials and Methods
Principal materials and methods used in building construction, emphasizing common construction systems such as light wood frames, masonry bearing walls, steel frames and reinforced concrete as well as project planning, work methods, materials, equipment, and sustainability. Drawing identification and quantity take off will be introduced.
Upon completion, the student will be able to:
- Identify and evaluate the methods, materials, and equipment used to construct projects.
- Describe the basic principles of sustainable construction.
- Analyze decisions based on ethical principles.
This course runs on an several week term. It is not self-paced, but follows a weekly schedule. Check section information for exact weekly term information.
Credit is awarded from LSU–Baton Rouge
Online Format: seven week enrollment period; 7 modules 3 exams
Special Requirements: a computer with reliable internet access, a webcam, and a headset or speakers, and a microphone.
You are also responsible for purchasing separately the required textbooks and any additional required materials for this course.
If you are interested in re-enrolling in a course that you have already taken through our program, please contact us before registering. If you have any questions about registration or payment, please contact our office.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Construction Technology Management Specialist Certificate : Construction Technology Management Specialist Certificate
- Introduction to Construction Management Specialist Certificate : Introduction to Construction Management Specialist Certificate