Principles of BIM and its application to project execution tasks, planning and sequencing, spatial coordination and clash detection, as well as BIM support for field operations and facility management.
Upon completion, the student will be able to:
- Identify concepts and techniques of the graphic communication language in construction.
- Edit digital drawings to communicate using the graphic communication language.
- Explain the concept of virtual design and construction, the method of parametric modeling, and working drawings of a typical residential structure using BIM software.
- Assess the fundamental effect of BIM on industry through presented case studies using lab exercises.
- Acquire a basic and foundational knowledge of BIM Software for various industry roles by using Autodesk Revit and Navisworks through hands-on instruction.
- Identify the capabilities and limitations of BIM software tools.
- Describe how BIM can be implemented with state-of-the-art technologies including VR, AR, laser scanning, and other technology.
This course runs on an several week term. It is not self-paced, but follows a weekly schedule. Check section information for exact weekly term information.
Credit is awarded from LSU–Baton Rouge
Eligibility: Students enrolled in a degree program at the LSU Baton Rouge campus or in an LSU Online degree program are not eligible to take these courses through Online Distance Learning.
Online Format: seven week enrollment period; 7 modules 3 exams
Special Requirements: a computer with reliable internet access, a webcam, and a headset or speakers, and a microphone.
You are also responsible for purchasing separately the required textbooks and any additional required materials for this course.
If you are interested in re-enrolling in a course that you have already taken through our program, please contact us before registering. If you have any questions about registration or payment, please contact our office.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Construction Technology Management Specialist Certificate : Construction Technology Management Specialist Certificate