Introduction to the principles and procedures of residential development. Land development, market research, and residential company start-up practices are explored; focusing on a multi-team based residential project.
Upon completion, the student will be able to:
- Identify trends influencing the residential housing market.
- Create a market analysis for a construction project.
- Apply specific construction management skills and concepts to the development of a management plan for a residential construction project as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Create a written and oral presentation.
This course runs on an several week term. It is not self-paced, but follows a weekly schedule. Check section information for exact weekly term information.
Credit is awarded from LSU–Baton Rouge
Eligibility: Students enrolled in a degree program at the LSU Baton Rouge campus or in an LSU Online degree program are not eligible to take these courses through Online Distance Learning.
Online Format: seven week enrollment period; 7 modules 2 exams
Special Requirements: a computer with reliable internet access, a webcam, and a headset or speakers, and a microphone.
You are also responsible for purchasing separately the required textbooks and any additional required materials for this course.
If you are interested in re-enrolling in a course that you have already taken through our program, please contact us before registering. If you have any questions about registration or payment, please contact our office.
Prerequisite Verification: By completing registration in this course, you acknowledge that you meet any prerequisites or requirements to take the course. LSU undergraduate students may have additional requirements imposed by their department or college and must consult with their academic counselor or advisor before enrolling in an ODL course.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Project Management in Residential Construction Specialist Certificate : Project Management in Resident Construction Specialist Certificate