Course DescriptionIn today’s business climate, Business Intelligence (BI) is perhaps the hottest topic in most professional circles. Increasingly, organizations of all sizes are seeking to take advantage of the data that is available to them to identify previously undiscovered insights and gain competitive advantages thought to be out-of-reach just a few short years ago. A growing array of tools – ranging from Excel add-ins to dedicated solutions such as Power BI – now allow you to leverage your existing knowledge and skills to create powerful, interactive dashboards and analyses unthinkable until recently.
In this program, you will learn how to implement “do it yourself business intelligence” using Microsoft’s free Power BI Desktop application. You will learn how to work with some of the data query and transformation capabilities in Power BI to access your data and create effective, interactive reports in short amounts of time. You will also learn how you can enhance those reports by incorporating Slicers, trendlines, and forecasts. In addition, you will learn how you can move beyond Power BI Desktop to publish your dashboards to the Cloud, and optimize them for viewing on mobile devices. If gaining greater insights into your data to make better decisions is of interest to you, then join us for a fast-paced look at how you can take advantage of the fantastic capabilities in Power BI.
This course will be offered as a virtual course with real-time online sessions with our expert instructors. They feature the same innovative and high-quality programs as our in-person training.
Course Format: Students will participate in a two live 3-hour online session via Zoom video conferencing. Live sessions begin at 9:00 a.m. CST. You will be sent a zoom link to join the live course prior to the scheduled start.
Participation in the course will require the following:
- • Computer with reliable Internet access (Laptops and desktop and computers only)
- • Web browser (Chrome, Firefox, or Internet Explorer)
- • Webcam and Microphone
- • Download a free Zoom Account prior to the course
- • Adobe Acrobat Reader DC
Upon completing this course, you should be able to:
• Cite the characteristics associated with successful implementations of BI platforms
• List the potential shortcomings of BI solutions based on Excel
• Utilize Power BI Desktop to create effective, interactive business intelligence reports
• Add measures and calculated columns to your Power BI-based reports using formulas based on Data Analysis Expressions
• Describe the process for converting a Power BI report to a dashboard
• Optimize Power BI dashboards for viewing on mobile devices
Virtual courses are offered in real-time during live classes with our expert instructors.
For more information about this course contact: Madison Foss at 225-578-0403.