The foundation for the digital enterprise of tomorrow is increasingly turning towards the provisioning of resources and infrastructure through cloud computing. The decision to move into the cloud is more than an IT decision – it is a strategic decision for a firm to outsource key IT assets. In this course, the fundamentals of cloud computing will be discussed, including the characteristics of the cloud, cloud types, services and architectures and the applications of the cloud.
- Explain varying motivations for utilizing cloud computing, including business, economic, political, etc.
- Differentiate between cloud computing options, including deployment modes (public/private/hybrid), types of services offered (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS), and functions of cloud providers
- Describe the technical infrastructure facilitating cloud computing, including the OSI model and how security functions in a cloud environment
- Identify fundamental concepts involved in the decision of a cloud computing vendor
- Communicate current and future cloud computing concepts concisely to a general business audience
- This online course requires access to a computer with internet access, email, an Internet browser (Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox recommended), MS PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Cloud Computing Concepts, Technology & Architecture by Thomas Erl, Zaigham Mahmood, and Ricardo Puttini (referred to as CCTA throughout the course) ISBN-13: 978-0133387520
- The book is available from Amazon.com and most major book retailers. Approximate cost of book is $50.
- Online self-paced with six weeks to complete the course.
Courses are open to all participants, not just those pursuing the Certificate.
For more information about this course, email Answers or call 833-280-5634.