In this course, you will learn how to apply the tenets of release orchestration to an organization, and how that process effectively supports a DevOps transformation. There are many pieces of release orchestration that will support DevOps—most importantly is the transformation of siloed teams into cross-functional teams. On those cross functional teams, people are encouraged to learn from each other, and experiment to improve the way they work and the success of the organization. There also must be a focus on how to make deployments and releases less painful. The selection of one or more release strategies helps to promote this reduction of pain. The end result of applying successful release orchestration should be that the teams apply system's thinking to their problems and their customers’ needs. This course will allow you to navigate through release orchestration and then apply what you have learned in a capstone assignment.
- Evaluate tasks to identify a logical release orchestration pipeline
- Create a strategy for a fictional company in their transition to release orchestration
- Select an appropriate release orchestration tool, given a fictional company’s needs
- This online course requires access to a computer with internet access, email, an Internet browser (Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox recommended), MS PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Online format with four weeks to complete the course.
For more information about this course, email Answers or call 833-280-5634.