COFBA - Foundations and Strategy of Marketing
This course is designed to introduce the student to the basics of Digital Marketing. It aims to develop the student’s understanding of marketing in the context of a business and provide a framework for students to think about key concepts such as segmentation, targeting, unique value propositions, and metrics. Students will be assessed throughout the course through exercises on the topics. The course culminates in a final presentation in which the student will analyze and create a digital marketing plan for a chosen company.
Students who successfully complete this course will be able to:
- Understand the role of marketing in the context of broader business operations and objectives.
- Understand the market positioning and unique value proposition of a company and/or product.
- Develop segmentation of customers and user personas.
- Recognize the various online and offline marketing channels and rationale for marketing through each.
- Understand key marketing metrics and the purpose of backwards planning and measurement of marketing efforts with respect to these objectives.
- Basic internet skills and an understanding of Google Suite or Microsoft Office applications are recommended.
- This online course requires access to a computer with internet access, email, an Internet browser (Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox recommended), MS PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Online self-paced with six weeks to complete the course.
Courses are open to all participants, not just those pursuing the Certificate.
For more information about this course, email Answers or call 833-280-5634.