OLSYOF - So What! You're Over 50! Current Advances in Medicine & Surgery
The purpose of this series is to bring physicians and other healthcare providers before OLLI class attendees to learn of various medical and surgical specialties, diagnosis and treatment of various human diseases, illnesses, and conditions as well as preventive and wellness measures. To date, there have been 74 speakers from different healthcare specialties who practice in the Greater Baton Rouge area that have come before these classes.
• Dr. Scott Dunbar MD Dermatologic Surgeon, Mohs Micrographic Surgery/ Cosmetic Dermatologic Surgery
• Dr. Gary Walker MD Neurologist Acute CNS Stroke care and interventional management, prevention and treatment
• Dr. Lauren Berger DDS Family Dentistry and Adult/Senior Care and Prevention
• Heather Burdsall OTRL Occupational Therapy and its restorative care
• Carmen Yenni RN Hospice Nurse and Palliative Care
• Dr. Robert “Bobby” Easton MD Orthopedic Surgeon and advanced joint reversions.
Some speakers will be in-person at Broadmoor United Methodist Church, and some speakers will present over Zoom to accommodate their work schedules. Students who attend at BUMC will be able to see any Zoom presentations projected onto a screen, and students who attend via Zoom will be able to see the classroom presentations from home.
For more information about this course, contact: OLLI at LSU at 225-578-2500 or email OLLI@outreach.lsu.edu