PBMFA - Finance for Non-Financial Managers
Finance for Non-Financial Managers, offered by LSU Continuing Education’s Management & Leadership Institute, is a follow-up program to LSU’s Fundamentals of Supervision program. This interactive, two-day seminar is designed to provide basic financial statement analysis. This program gives supervisors and mid-managers who do not have an accounting background, the ability to analyze data and prepare ratios to make better fiscal decisions. Our instructors will help demystify financial jargon and reduce projected risks through improved financial analysis. Knowledge is power, and understanding your financial position will help prepare managers to make more meaningful decisions based on data.
Our instructors are experienced and offer practical, useful information that can be put into practice immediately. Interaction with other participants from a variety of business environments offer the chance to discover other methods of operations, and how other organizations interact in today’s economy.
Major topics to be presented include:
- Analyzing and decoding balance sheets and income statements.
- Ratio and cash flow analysis.
- Capital requirements (e.g. tax/liability/depreciation).
- Budgeting methods (e.g. Activity based, Zero-based, Top-down or Bottom-up).
This course is ideal for:
- Supervisors, managers and past participants of Fundamentals of Supervision.
- Supervisors and managers interested in providing better data to back-up projects.
Key benefits of participation:
- Improve success and reduce risk of projects.
- Support decisions through data based on specific initiatives.
For more information about this course, email Answers or call 833-280-5634.
As an Authorized Training Partner for the Project Management Institute (PMI), this course is pre-approved for Professional Development Units, or PDU's, needed for PMI certifications. This includes PDU's needed to take PMI certifications and for PMI Professionals to maintain their credentials like the Project Management Professional, or PMP®.
PMI, Project Management Professional (PMP), Project Management Body of Knowledge, and PMBOK are registered marks of the Project Management Institute.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Management and Leadership Certificate Program : Management and Leadership Certificate