Fundamentals of Supervision (FOS) is the flagship program offered by LSU Continuing Education’s Management & Leadership Institute. FOS delivers practical training for supervisors, managers, business professionals, and team leaders to enhance individual management skills and personal effectiveness in the work environment. FOS gives supervisors and other business professionals the opportunity to master the basic leadership skills that are essential for high productivity and continuing quality improvement. The program is specifically designed for new or aspiring supervisors or those desiring a refresher. FOS emphasizes the achievement of goals by using practical solutions to real-world problems. Instructors prepare managers to face trends in the business world, including quality management, team building, and the organizational restructuring that is evident in today’s business climate. FOS was introduced in 1964 by an executive from private industry and has been operating continuously for more than 55 years. More than 10,000 supervisors and managers have attended this comprehensive course. An outstanding faculty of recognized management and supervisory training experts includes LSU faculty members and industry experts.
Major topics presented in FOS include:
- Managerial Behavior—Thinking & Acting Like a Manager
- Understand the basic management functions and skills and avoid the pitfalls and common mistakes made by first-time managers.
- Organizational Behavior—How to Build Effective Teams
- Understand the foundational theories of organizational development and how to build effective teams.
- Motivating, Developing & Empowering Your Staff
- Analyze employee needs and discover useful ways to overcome resistance to change.
- Supervisory Practices—Counseling & Disciplining Employees and Learning to Delegate
- Learn how to counsel and discipline employees effectively and learn how to delegate as a management technique for developing and motivating employees.
- Giving Effective Feedback
- Learn helpful ways to give positive and effective feedback to staff.
- Positive Conflict Resolution
- Understand behavioral styles and learn new skills to maximize the positive resolution of conflicts.
This course is ideal for:
- Recently promoted Supervisors or individuals who may be promoted into supervisory positions.
- Supervisors, managers, directors, who would like a refresher course to improve their current effectiveness and/or develop their management & leadership skills.
Key benefits of participation:
- Understand the role of the supervisor in contributing to employee and business success
- Learn how management strategies and practices have evolved
- Develop the interpersonal skills needed to be a successful supervisor
- Through a series of lectures, discussions and in-class exercises, the supervisor will learn how to manage his/her most valuable resource: PEOPLE
For more information about this course, email Answers or call 833-280-5634.
As an Authorized Training Partner for the Project Management Institute (PMI), this course is pre-approved for Professional Development Units, or PDU's, needed for PMI certifications. This includes PDU's needed to take PMI certifications and for PMI Professionals to maintain their credentials like the Project Management Professional, or PMP®.
PMI, Project Management Professional (PMP), Project Management Body of Knowledge, and PMBOK are registered marks of the Project Management Institute.