Developing Your Managerial Effectiveness, offered by LSU Continuing Education’s Management & Leadership Institute, is a follow up program to LSU’s Fundamentals of Supervision (FOS) program. This interactive seminar is designed to deliver practical management training for first-line supervisors as well as mid-managers. The program gives supervisors and other business professionals the opportunity to build their leadership and interpersonal skills, as well as, add to their management expertise. Experienced instructors prepare managers to face trends in the business world by providing practical solutions to real-world problems.
An outstanding faculty of recognized management and supervisory training experts offers participants the best possible opportunity to enhance their professional skills and prepare for new management responsibilities. Interaction with colleagues in different business areas and disciplines provides a chance to discover how other organizations act, react and interact in the working world. Participants are exposed to problems and solutions in industries other than their own.
Major topics to be presented include:
- Understanding and Managing Workplace Motivation
- Review motivation models and learn how to diagnose and deal with motivation-related performance problems.
- Managing Up and Down the Organizational Hierarchy
- Review the dynamics and recommended strategies for influencing change within the organization.
- Managing Conflict and Coping with Difficult People
- Understand human conflict and learn how to mediate conflict between others.
- Understanding Your Personality Type and Managing Workplace Behavior
- Gain insight about your own personality and learn how to manage different personalities in the workplace.
This course is ideal for:
- Supervisors and managers, in general, as well as those who have participated in LSU’s FOS program.
- Supervisors and managers interested in developing their managerial potential and improving their effectiveness.
Key benefits of participation:
- Review motivational models and learn to diagnose motivation-related performance problems.
- Identify organizational policies and practices inhibiting motivation.
- Learn how to influence others.
- Understand the causes of interpersonal conflict on the job.
- Develop interpersonal skills and confidence in managing interpersonal conflicts.
- Learn how to provide feedback to others.
- Learn more about your own personality and behavior tendencies.
- Develop an awareness of successful and effective leadership styles and behaviors.
For more information about this course, email Answers or call 833-280-5634.
As an Authorized Training Partner for the Project Management Institute (PMI), this course is pre-approved for Professional Development Units, or PDU's, needed for PMI certifications. This includes PDU's needed to take PMI certifications and for PMI Professionals to maintain their credentials like the Project Management Professional, or PMP®.
PMI, Project Management Professional (PMP), Project Management Body of Knowledge, and PMBOK are registered marks of the Project Management Institute.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Management and Leadership Certificate Program : Management and Leadership Certificate