Regardless of your field, successful planning involves a carefully crafted set of steps leading to planned and measurable goals. In today’s fast-paced business environment, the challenge of planning ahead becomes increasingly complex. As deadlines get tighter, budgets get smaller, and resources become scarcer, organizations turn to their managers, supervisors and employees to do more with less.
This course is designed for practical application in the workplace and is intended as a basic overview describing the fundamental principles, processes, knowledge areas, tools and techniques of project management. It takes attendees through the project life cycle in the same sequence they would face when managing a real project in the workplace.
Major topics to be presented include:
- Improve productivity.
- Effectively organize projects.
- Understand the project life cycle.
- Master basic project management skills.
- Link realistic objectives to stakeholder needs.
- Establish dependable monitoring techniques.
- Estimate project costs.
- Agree on realistic time schedules.
This course is ideal for:
- Project and program managers, project analysts, consultants, trainers, human resource professionals, and others who want to enhance their project management skills.
Key benefits of participation:
- Individuals successfully completing this course can be expected to demonstrate a basic understanding of the requirements for leading and participating in successful projects and have the ability to apply their learning in a practical way in the workplace.
For more information about this course, email Answers or call 833-280-5634.
As an Authorized Training Partner for the Project Management Institute (PMI), this course is pre-approved for Professional Development Units, or PDU's, needed for PMI certifications. This includes PDU's needed to take PMI certifications and for PMI Professionals to maintain their credentials like the Project Management Professional, or PMP®.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Business Communication Certificate : Business Communication Certificate
- Business Project Management Certificate : Business Project Management Certificate
- Management and Leadership Certificate Program : Management and Leadership Certificate
- Purchasing & Supply Management Certificate : Purchasing & Supply Management Certificate