PBMPG - Techniques for Project Development
Course DescriptionEnhance project management understanding and develop the skills necessary to be successful in the workplace. This course is designed to enhance and further your knowledge base on the fundamental principles and processes of project management. Based on established tools and techniques the program will focus on those areas which will allow you to understand the need for project management and how to utilize the tools to improve workplace skills.
Move through the project life cycle and apply directly to real-world projects and applications. This course will present you with the challenges that are faced by not only project managers but also project team members on a daily basis and techniques that can be utilized to manage and control those situations successfully.
Major topics to be presented include:
Based on the latest information provided by the Project Management Institute (PMI) and information contained in A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide) , we will introduce the major areas of project development and management and investigate the areas of:
- Project Scope: articulates the boundaries of the project including the Project Work Breakdown Structure
- Project Time Management: scheduling all phases of the project with coordinated functions between each component of the project
- Project Cost Management: estimation and forecasting of all defined project costs within a specified master budget
- Project Quality Management: understanding how quality measures are planned and built into a project, with metrics developed for monitoring and improvement
- Project Communications Management: establishing information criteria and utilizing communication channels amongst all stakeholders of a project
- Project Risk Management: deciding the associated risks involved with a project and how to manage them for successful project completion
- Project Change Management: developing a methodology to control the project and manage the changes that occur throughout the project life cycle
This course is ideal for:
- Senior executives, portfolio managers, project and program managers, purchasing and quality managers, office managers, consultants, trainers, human resource managers, and others who want to more effectively apply their basic project management skills.
Prerequisite: Essentials of Project Management or equivalent knowledge.
For more information about this course, email Answers or call 833-280-5634.
As an Authorized Training Partner for the Project Management Institute (PMI), this course is pre-approved for Professional Development Units, or PDU's, needed for PMI certifications. This includes PDU's needed to take PMI certifications and for PMI Professionals to maintain their credentials like the Project Management Professional, or PMP®.
PMI, Project Management Professional (PMP), Project Management Body of Knowledge, and PMBOK are registered marks of the Project Management Institute.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Business Project Management Certificate : Business Project Management Certificate