This course will be offered as a virtual course with real-time online sessions with our expert instructors. They feature the same innovative and high-quality programs as our in-person training.
Course Format: Students will participate in a two live 3-hour online session via Zoom video conferencing. Live sessions begin at 9:00 a.m. CST. You will be sent a zoom link to join the live course prior to the scheduled start.
Participation in the course will require the following:
- • Computer with reliable Internet access (Laptops and desktop and computers only)
- • Web browser (Chrome, Firefox, or Internet Explorer)
- • Webcam and Microphone
- • Download a free Zoom Account prior to the course
- • Adobe Acrobat Reader DC
Project Management has become a core skill for anyone in a managerial role. As a manager, a lot of the project capabilities you need will build on your core skillset. Even if you are not doing projects, there are some fantastic tools, methods, and ideas in project management that will serve you well as a manager. Probably the single most compelling reason why you need to treat it as a core competency is simple. Increasingly we can see a professional or managerial career as nothing more nor less than a series of projects.
As you progress, you will do one project after another. In this seminar we focus on the following key areas:
• Defining Projects and Project Management vs Routine Work
• The PMI Talent Triangle of Project Management and how it impacts your success
• The Triple Constraints of Project Management
• Scope, Risk, Resources, Responsibilities, and Cost: The Key Elements of Project Planning
• Keys for successfully implementing projects
Note: Participants will receive FREE templates in Excel and MS Word that can be easily used on the job.
This course is a part of the Business Project Management Certificate Program and the Operations Management Certificate Program. Courses are open to all participants, not just those pursuing a certificate program.
Click here for upcoming dates, fees and to register for this course.
Virtual courses are offered in real-time during live classes with our expert instructors.
For more information about this course contact: Abigail Theriot at 225-578-2755.