PBVCC - Emotional Intelligence: Using One?s Emotions to Produce Positive Outcomes at Wo
This course will be offered as a virtual course with real-time online sessions with our expert instructors. They feature the same innovative and high-quality programs as our in-person training.
Course Format: Students will participate in one live 3-hour online session via Zoom video conferencing. Live sessions begin at 9:00 a.m. CST. You will be sent a zoom link to join the live course prior to the scheduled start.
Participation in the course will require the following:
- • Computer with reliable Internet access (Laptops and desktop and computers only)
- • Web browser (Chrome, Firefox, or Internet Explorer)
- • Webcam and Microphone
- • Download a free Zoom Account prior to the course
- • Adobe Acrobat Reader DC
In this seminar, participants will learn about the information value of emotions, the logic surrounding emotions and how to harness one’s emotional responses to produce better outcomes in decision-making, interpersonal relationships and leading others. Specifically, participants will be exposed to the following topics:
- • The foundational principles of emotional intelligence.
- • How emotions affect decision-making and the optimal syncing of emotions with the various stages of decision-making.
- • Emotional regulation: learning when to engage or disengage from one’s emotions.
- • The hostility road map: the productive use of anger at work.
- • The Stockdale paradox (The Realistic Optimist) and the value of both optimism and pessimism in organizations.