POGF10 - Cloud Across the Curriculum
This is a free Train-the-Trainer program that will position instructors at community colleges or 4-year higher education institutions to integrate Amazon Web Services (AWS) curriculum into their courses by helping them pass the AWS Cloud Practitioner Exam through a focused series of integrated, intensive, and free training sessions. This program consists of 10 contact hours of asynchronous certification training along with three 30-minute synchronous webinar sessions, one occurring each week for 3 consecutive weeks.
Instructors and educators at community colleges or 4-year higher education institutions interested in technology integration, new content delivery methodologies for students, and a desire to prepare students for emerging career opportunities.
Topics that will be covered include:
- Applying Cloud Concepts to AWS
- Applying Cloud Services to AWS
- Architecting the Cloud in AWS
- Strategizing the Cloud in AWS
Learner Objectives are to:
- Show mastery in the AWS Cloud Practitioner curriculum and successfully pass the certification exam
- Understand how to integrate the Cloud Practitioner curriculum into current courses
- Initiate a plan of action for their campus to assimilate the cloud across campus
- Define potential opportunities to leverage AWS into their research and/or grant-making capabilities
- Network with other AWS-certified instructors
This course will be facilitated by Dr. Andrew Schwarz, Professor in the Stephenson Department of Entrepreneurship & Information Systems at Louisiana State University