This free access course is designed to reduce fear and increase understanding, and even excitement, about the microbes that surround us and impact our lives. Prepare to be challenged on what you think you know about microbes.
Topics explored in this course include:
- Differences between harmful and beneficial microbes
- Research from the College of the Coast & Environment (CCE)
- Critical Thinking techniques for news items
- Sibel Bargu Ates, Associate Dean of Academics, CC&E and Shell Professor in Oceanography/Wetland Studies, Department of Oceanography & Coastal Sciences
- Jenn Brum, Assistant Professor, Department of Oceanography and Coastal Sciences
- Crystal Johnson, Associate Professor in the Department of Environmental Sciences
- Giulio Mariotti, Assistant Professor, Department of Oceanography and Coastal Sciences If after taking this free course, you are interested in furthering your studies about the environment, we also offer a fully online Master of Science in Environmental Sciences!