POGF5 - Thinking & Acting Like a Manager
This free preview is self-paced. Learn about strategies and tips for managing yourself, managing others, and managing "up." The online course dives into time and attention management, as well as the various transitions to management, and the necessary skills needed at lower, middle, and upper management. Whether you are a new to an organization, new to management, or a leader on your team, you will be able to take the course concepts and begin implementing them in your workplace immediately.
Module 2: Managing Yourself, Managing Others, & Managing Up
- Define attention management and identify how it differs from time management
- Match descriptions of avoidable work problems with their appropriate “anti-goal” solution
- Match perceptual biases that individuals have with their appropriate descriptions
- Identify some of the core challenges that managers face when implementing change, evaluating performance, providing feedback
- Identify strategies and tactics you can use to enhance the quality of your relationship with your own boss
- Describe how you plan to better manage yourself, manage others, and manage up in your job going forward
This course is a part of the Online Management and Leadership Series MicroCert. Courses are open to all participants, not just those pursuing the certificate program.
For more information about this course, email Answers or call 833-280-5634.
This is a noncredit self-paced course.