POGF7 - Tools for Learning Design & Development
Course DescriptionThis free preview is self-paced. This course will guide students through various tools, technologies, and best practices that can be used to develop courses for the online learning environment. Instructional designers, trainers, and instructors can utilize these tools regardless of industry. The course begins with an introduction to design tools, such as needs analysis, instructional analysis, and design documents. Next, students will explore instructional design through the lens of user experience (UX), in order to understand the foundation of learning experience design. Finally, students will have opportunity to explore common development tools and apply visual design principles to create instructional multimedia content.
Module 3: Learning Experience Design - The Convergence of ID and UX
- Define Learning Experience Design
- Compare disciplines of Learning Experience Design, Instructional Design, and User Experience Design
- Summarize the Learner Experience Hierarchy of Need
- Describe the "pillars" of Learning Experience Design
- Identify stages in the Learner-Centered Design Process
- Describe how an LXD matrix can be used to create learning experience design solutions
This course is a part of the Learning Experience Design Certificate Program. Courses are open to all participants, not just those pursuing the certificate program.
For more information about this course, email Answers or call 833-280-5634.
This is a noncredit self-paced course.