During this course, participants will be provided with an overview of Critical infrastructure protection that can be used to protect critical infrastructure and key resources and their assets from terrorist acts. Participants will be able to define critical infrastructure and key resources, identify critical infrastructure sectors, understand the importance of protecting critical infrastructure, understand and discuss public-private partnerships, define and understand legislation and programs designed to assist in the protection of critical infrastructure and the importance of risk assessments to protect from criminal activity and terrorist attacks.
Students who successfully complete this course will be able to:
- Identify critical infrastructure sectors and their key resources.
- Describe the importance of protecting critical infrastructure.
- Explain public-private partnerships.
- Describe which legislation and programs are designed to assist in the protection of critical infrastructure.
- Recognize the importance of risk assessments to protect from criminal activity and terrorist attacks.
- Differentiate the types of terrorist threats to critical infrastructure.
- This online course requires access to a computer with internet access, email, an Internet browser (Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox recommended), MS PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Online self-paced with two weeks to complete the course.
Courses are open to all participants, not just those pursuing the MicroCert or Certificate.
For more information about this course, email Answers or call 833-280-5634.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Homeland Security Specialist MicroCert : Homeland Security