The capstone is the final step in the learning process. It allows the student to take a cumulative and integrative approach to all that was learned from the previous instructional modules and apply their own personal experiences to the learning process. The student applies their understanding to the concepts of intelligence, terrorist tradecraft, homeland security, and critical infrastructure in an environment within their own jurisdiction. Through instructor interaction and direct feedback, the capstone helps the student review what was learned and observe the application of the learned material in a practical environment. The capstone must be completed as the final course in the MicroCert. It will be offered several times a year in a date specific cohort based group. Please check sections for date availability.
Students who successfully complete this course will be able to:
- Distinguish the difference between an aggressor and a protector.
- Create a target planning and assessment using the provided terrorist attack cycle.
- Construct practical security recommendations to defend or mitigate a local terrorist attack.
- Homeland Security and Law Enforcement in a Post 9/11 Environment and Tradecraft of Modern Terrorism and Intelligence and Multi-Agency Partnerships and Critical Infrastructure and Private/Public Partnerships. This course can only be taken after the 4 core courses in the Homeland Security Program. It is a cohort date based course.
- This online course requires access to a computer with internet access, email, an Internet browser (Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox recommended), MS PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Online and unlike the previous four courses in this series, this course has a cohort start date and a time limit of three (3) weeks. Each week an assignment is due on Thursday. Your instructor will provide feedback and you are required to make the appropriate corrections before continuing with the next module and assignment.
Courses are open to all participants, not just those pursuing the MicroCert or Certificate.
For more information about this course, email Answers or call 833-280-5634.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Homeland Security Specialist MicroCert : Homeland Security