This four-week online course is self-paced. Regardless of your field, successful planning involves a carefully crafted set of steps leading to planned and measurable goals. In today’s fast-paced business environment, the challenge of planning ahead becomes increasingly complex. As deadlines get tighter, budgets get smaller, and resources become scarcer, organizations turn to their managers, supervisors, and employees to do more with less.
This course is designed for practical application in the workplace and is intended as a basic overview, describing the fundamental principles, processes, knowledge areas, tools, and techniques of project management. It takes attendees through the project life cycle in the same sequence they would face when managing a real project in the workplace.
Topics to be presented include:
- Overview of Project Management
- Definition of a Project
- Project Management Key Terms
- Five Project Management Process Groups
- Project Management Knowledge Areas
- Forty-Nine Processes
- Introduction to Agile
This seminar is ideal for:
- Project and program managers, project analysts, consultants, trainers, human resource professionals, and others who want to enhance their project management skills.
Key benefits of participation:
- Individuals successfully completing this course can be expected to demonstrate a basic understanding of the requirements for leading and participating in successful projects and have the ability to apply their learning in a practical way in the workplace.
- This online course requires access to a computer with internet access, email, an Internet browser (Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox recommended), MS PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Online self-paced with four weeks to complete the course.
For more information about this course, email Answers or call 833-280-5634.
As an Authorized Training Partner for the Project Management Institute (PMI), this course is pre-approved for Professional Development Units, or PDU's, needed for PMI certifications. This includes PDU's needed to take PMI certifications and for PMI Professionals to maintain their credentials like the Project Management Professional, or PMP®.
PMI, Project Management Professional (PMP), Project Management Body of Knowledge, and PMBOK are registered marks of the Project Management Institute.