CM 3200 - Mechanical and Electrical Systems
For residential and commercial buildings; design and construction of building MEP systems; emphasis on basic terminology, equipment and installation procedures, management of the complete MEP process, code compliance, and quality control issues.
Upon completion, a student will be able to:
- Utilize the basic terminology related to Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing (MEP) systems
- Apply basic MEP design concepts
- Analyze the required functions of MEP systems
- Evaluate the overall requirements for installation of MEP systems
- Recognize the management process for successfully incorporating MEP systems into a construction project
This course runs on an several week term. It is not self-paced, but follows a weekly schedule. Check section information for exact weekly term information.
Credit is awarded from LSU–Baton Rouge
Online Format: eight week enrollment period; 7 modules 2 exams
Special Requirements: a computer with reliable internet access, a webcam, and a headset or speakers, and a microphone.
You are also responsible for purchasing separately the required textbooks and any additional required materials for this course.
If you are interested in re-enrolling in a course that you have already taken through our program, please contact us before registering. If you have any questions about registration or payment, please contact our office.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Principles of Facilities Management Specialist Certificate : Principles of Facilities Management Specialist Certificate