Principles of industrial maintenance and turnarounds including facility types, process equipment, work order systems, safety, preventive maintenance programs, roles, planning, and facility shutdown concepts.
Upon completion, a student will be able to:
- Understand the major types of industrial facilities and the purposes of each
- Understand the major types of process equipment and the functions of each
- Apply project management concepts to the preplanning, planning, and execution of industrial maintenance and turnarounds
- Create an oral presentation on current events concerning industrial facilities or recent innovations in the maintenance/turnaround process
This course runs on an several week term. It is not self-paced, but follows a weekly schedule. Check section information for exact weekly term information.
Credit is awarded from LSU–Baton Rouge
Eligibility: Students enrolled in a degree program at the LSU Baton Rouge campus or in an LSU Online degree program are not eligible to take these courses through Online Distance Learning.
Online Format: eight week enrollment period; 7 modules 2 exams
Special Requirements: a computer with reliable internet access, a webcam, and a headset or speakers, and a microphone.
You are also responsible for purchasing separately the required textbooks and any additional required materials for this course.
If you are interested in re-enrolling in a course that you have already taken through our program, please contact us before registering. If you have any questions about registration or payment, please contact our office.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Project Management in Industrial Construction Certificate : Project Management in Industrial Construction Certificate