CM 4116 - Professional Practice in Facility Management
Organizational, managerial, ethical and legal principles for the delivery of facility management services in the industrial setting. Special emphasis includes: the history of facility management; leadership; regulatory issues; legal issues; corporate culture; organizational frameworks; organization of the facility management function and team; policy and procedures; contracts and contract documents; accountability; and personnel management.
Upon completion, a student will be able to:
- Analyze organizational, managerial, ethical and legal principles for the delivery of facility management services
- Interpret the history of facility management, leadership, regulatory items, and legal issues
- Analyze organizational frameworks and organization of the facility management function and team
- Evaluate policy and procedures, contracts and contract documents
- Evaluate short-term & long-term budgeting topics and other financial topics related to facilities management
This course runs on an several week term. It is not self-paced, but follows a weekly schedule. Check section information for exact weekly term information.
Credit is awarded from LSU–Baton Rouge
Online Format: eight week enrollment period; 7 modules 2 exams
Special Requirements: a computer with reliable internet access, a webcam, and a headset or speakers, and a microphone.
You are also responsible for purchasing separately the required textbooks and any additional required materials for this course.
If you are interested in re-enrolling in a course that you have already taken through our program, please contact us before registering. If you have any questions about registration or payment, please contact our office.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Principles of Facilities Management Specialist Certificate : Principles of Facilities Management Specialist Certificate