Building energy use profile, obstacles and opportunities for efficiency improvement, energy efficiency standards, energy audit, methods for estimating energy savings, energy retrofits, challenges and opportunities, and intelligent building systems.
Upon completion, a student will be able to:
- Understand building energy use profile, obstacles and opportunities for efficiency improvement
- Understand major stakeholders and their complex value chain in the market place
- Understand energy efficiency standards
- Understand building energy rating, benchmarking and labeling programs/systems
- Conduct energy audit
- Master methods for estimating energy savings
- Recommend energy retrofits, challenges and opportunities
- Understand intelligent building systems
This course runs on an several week term. It is not self-paced, but follows a weekly schedule. Check section information for exact weekly term information.
Credit is awarded from LSU–Baton Rouge
Eligibility: Students enrolled in a degree program at the LSU Baton Rouge campus or in an LSU Online degree program are not eligible to take these courses through Online Distance Learning.
Online Format: eight week enrollment period; 7 modules 2 exams
Special Requirements: a computer with reliable internet access, a webcam, and a headset or speakers, and a microphone.
You are also responsible for purchasing separately the required textbooks and any additional required materials for this course.
If you are interested in re-enrolling in a course that you have already taken through our program, please contact us before registering. If you have any questions about registration or payment, please contact our office.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Principles of Facilities Management Specialist Certificate : Principles of Facilities Management Specialist Certificate