Business Law and Commercial Transactions is an in-depth look at the legal environment that impacts businesses of all types, whether public, private, closely held, local, or international. This course examines some of the most critical topics including legal systems, torts, contracts, intellectual property, and employment. We will also compare different legal systems and provide an overview of the various stages of litigation.
Upon completion of this course, you will be exposed to the difference between basic torts and areas of business liability. Additionally, the course provides insight on contract formation, the requirements needed to create a binding agreement. We will discuss various writing requirements and terms routinely reviewed by the courts. The course will explore the nuances of Intellectual Property, including Copyrights, Patents, Trademarks, and Trade Secretes.
This course is designed to be highly engaging. Participants are encouraged to bring their own experiences to the forum for a lively discussion on different approaches for tackling complex problems and best practices for timely resolution to important legal matters.
This course is ideal for:
- Employees at all levels, especially supervisors, managers, and directors.
Key benefits of participation:
- Understanding legal basics to enhance decision making
- Identifying key legal risks facing an organization
- Managing legal issues with employees and independent contractors
- Learning how to prevent legal matters from manifesting
- Developing an awareness of legal exposure and the power of dispute resolution