Course DescriptionDrawing on material from Harvard Business School professor D. Quinn Mills' book, Principles of Human Resource Management, this introductory-level course covers the challenges and issues that organizations face in developing and retaining their employees. Understanding compensation practices and policies is crucial for any business owner, HR professional, or manager. In this introductory-level course, you will consider issues surrounding the key aspects of pay policy: legal requirements, pay equity within an organization, competitive pay within the relevant industry, how and when to grant raises, and different ways payment can be structured. Earn SHRM and HRCI credit as you develop your compensation expertise.
This online course provides a mobile-friendly interface with audio-enabled lessons, allowing easy access to video content, real-world case studies, and interactive games & flashcards. Also included is an "Ask the Expert" feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
This course does not require any additional purchases of supplementary materials. Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEUs. Learners will have three attempts at all graded assessments.
Talent Management and Career Development
- Understand and effectively communicate the value of a career development program
- Describe the five stages in the career life cycle
- Outline the tools for career development
- Understand the issues HR departments face with career management
- Evaluate employee skill gaps as part of a training needs analysis
- Understand the various types of job training and the strengths and weaknesses of each
- Understand the circumstances that call for managerial coaching and apply it effectively
- Apply knowledge of leadership styles and management techniques to leadership development
You may request a refund up to 7 days from the purchase date. The registration fee will only be refunded if less than 10% of the course has been completed. Completion percentage can be viewed on the Course Progress page from within the course.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Human Resource Management Certificate : Human Resource Management Certificate