This course will introduce basic features of Cascading Style Sheets, or CSS. CSS is a versatile programming language that is used to style web pages by specifying how HTML and XML documents should appear. CSS makes it possible to control the presentation of elements on a page, including their color, dimensions, position, and behavior. A series of lab exercises provide students with opportunities to practice the tools and concepts they learn throughout the course.
This online course provides a mobile-friendly interface with audio-enabled lessons, allowing easy access to video content, real-world case studies, and interactive games & flashcards. Also included is an "Ask the Expert" feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
This course does not require any additional purchases of supplementary materials. Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEUs. Learners will have three attempts at all graded assessments.
CSS for Web Design
- Use selectors and declarations to create CSS rules
- Write and link an external style sheet to a webpage
- Apply color to page elements using a variety of color systems
- Create single and multiple classes to style elements
- Select a variety of fonts and apply sizing to different page elements
- Apply width and height to elements on a page
- Describe the Box Model and style elements through the use of margins, padding, and borders
- Arrange elements using float and apply the clear property
- Create vertical and horizontal navigation bars on a webpage
- Apply both link and user-action pseudo-classes
- Create responsive layouts using Flexbox
- Explore the use of drop shadows, drop caps, and other creative effects
- Explain the importance of inheritance, rule order, and the box model
You may request a refund up to 7 days from the purchase date. The registration fee will only be refunded if less than 10% of the course has been completed. Completion percentage can be viewed on the Course Progress page from within the course.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Web Design Certificate : Web Design Certificate