This online course provides a mobile-friendly interface with audio-enabled lessons, allowing easy access to video content, real-world case studies, and interactive games & flashcards. Also included is an "Ask the Expert" feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
This course does not require any additional purchases of supplementary materials. Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEUs. Learners will have three attempts at all graded assessments.
Introduction to Web Design
- Differentiate between the Internet and the World Wide Web
- Explain the significance of web standards and The Web Standards Project
- Describe the "mobile-first" approach to web design and compare how different browsers, computers, and mobile devices interact with the web
- Discuss the concept of information architecture and how it relates to website design and user experience
- Understand current best practices and conventions in UX design and appraise various websites for structure, design, usability, and accessibility
- Identify and describe different design principles that contribute to an effective interface design (UI Design), including alignment, color, white space, and visual hierarchy
- Explore various website layouts and identify the advantages and disadvantages of each
- Summarize the process of publishing a website, including selecting a domain host and URL address
You may request a refund up to 7 days from the purchase date. The registration fee will only be refunded if less than 10% of the course has been completed. Completion percentage can be viewed on the Course Progress page from within the course.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Web Design Certificate : Web Design Certificate