Fundraising is one of the central activities of a nonprofit organization and nonprofit management. To help finance operating budgets, nonprofits must raise money every year. In addition, special projects and improvements to facilities may be needed. In these situations, fundraisers will often launch large capital campaigns or apply for foundation grants. This course offers an introduction to fundraising for nonprofit organizations, with an emphasis on the fundamental issues.
This online course provides a mobile-friendly interface with audio-enabled lessons, allowing easy access to video content, real-world case studies, and interactive games & flashcards. Also included is an "Ask the Expert" feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
This course does not require any additional purchases of supplementary materials. Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEUs. Learners will have three attempts at all graded assessments.
Fundraising for Nonprofit Organizations
- Describe the key concepts related to nonprofit fundraising, such as annual campaigns, capital campaigns, and planned giving
- Discuss how nonprofit funds can be raised through direct mail and telemarketing
- Explain how the Internet and social media channels may be used to generate donations
- Compare and contrast fundraising through corporate donations versus foundation grants
- Explain the different sections of a grant application
- Describe methods for evaluating annual campaign performance
- Discuss how ethics applies to nonprofit fundraising
- Explain the importance of donor relations
You may request a refund up to 7 days from the purchase date. The registration fee will only be refunded if less than 10% of the course has been completed. Completion percentage can be viewed on the Course Progress page from within the course.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Nonprofit Management Certificate : Nonprofit Management Certificate