A budget is a detail of expenses and incomes for a set period of time. This introductory-level course covers budgets and how they are used in organizational settings including the uses and functions of master budgets, operating budgets, sales, production and cost of goods sold budgets, and cash budgets. You will also learn about the budgeting process, and how organizations are using different budgeting techniques to overcome operating challenges.
This online course provides a mobile-friendly interface with audio-enabled lessons, allowing easy access to video content, real-world case studies, and interactive games & flashcards. Also included is an "Ask the Expert" feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
This course does not require any additional purchases of supplementary materials. Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEUs. Learners will have three attempts at all graded assessments.
Understanding and Managing Budgets
- Recognize the uses and functions of budgeting
- Recognize the key activities, considerations, and benefits of strategic organizational planning
- Recognize the purpose and make-up of a master budget
- Identify the components and calculations used to create a master budget and recognize uses for this information
- Identify the components and purpose of an operating budget
- Recognize how sales, production, and cost of goods sold budgets are created and perform related calculations
- Recognize the purpose of cash budgets and how they are prepared
- Identify ways the budget process can be managed for optimal results and recognize the benefits and limitations of the management-by-objective system
You may request a refund up to 7 days from the purchase date. The registration fee will only be refunded if less than 10% of the course has been completed. Completion percentage can be viewed on the Course Progress page from within the course.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Finance Essentials Certificate : Finance Essentials Certificate