Whether adopting new technology or adapting to a drastic shift in an organization's core focus, change is a constant in any successful business. Managers play a fundamental role in successful effecting changes across an organization, and meanwhile, humans, by nature, will often resist change out of fear of the unknown. This introductory course addresses the key issues managers face in a dynamic environment. By understanding the steps in effecting change and how to overcome resistance, a manager can successfully lead change at various levels of an organization.
This online course provides a mobile-friendly interface with audio-enabled lessons, allowing easy access to video content, real-world case studies, and interactive games & flashcards. Also included is an "Ask the Expert" feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
This course does not require any additional purchases of supplementary materials. Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEUs. Learners will have three attempts at all graded assessments.
Leading and Managing Change
- Discuss organizational change and the forms it can take
- Describe Kotter's Eight Step Process recommended for implementing change successfully
- Outline Lewin's model of change and discuss its limitations
- Identify the factors a leader or manager can employ to promote change
- Outline the change initiative planning process
- Explain the role of a leader in communicating change
- Discuss methods to foster participation
- Discuss the underpinnings of resistance to change and how to overcome it
- Discuss other models of change management (ADKAR, GE CAP, Cisco Change Roadmap)
- Match change management models to specific scenarios
- Understand strategic change and mastering a changing environment
You may request a refund up to 7 days from the purchase date. The registration fee will only be refunded if less than 10% of the course has been completed. Completion percentage can be viewed on the Course Progress page from within the course.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Managing Change and Resolving Conflict Certificate : Managing Change and Resolving Conflict Certificate