The decision to move into the cloud is more than an IT decision – it is a strategic decision for a firm to outsource key IT assets. As companies turn to cloud technologies to rapidly transform their organization, employees with the necessary cloud skills are in high demand. This skill is becoming increasingly more requested by all business professionals across all industries. According to LinkedIn 2020 data, cloud computing is the second most requested hard skill companies need.
LSU is Amazon-certified to develop and teach programs from Amazon Web Services Academy. The programs developed are intended to prepare learners for industry-recognized certifications, like the AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner, and in-demand careers in cloud computing. The courses in this Certificate program will provide foundational knowledge of the cloud by discussing the characteristics of the cloud, cloud types, cloud services, and architectures, and cloud applications. Learners will be able to contextualize and apply the cloud principles through services offered by AWS and learn how to architect a firm using those services. Learn cloud computing and start your career journey in one of the fastest-growing industries.
This certificate program includes 2 courses which can be purchased separately or bundled together for a discount. Courses are open to all participants, not just those pursuing a certificate program.
Our Enrollment Coaches are ready to help.
- This online program requires access to a computer with internet access, email, an Internet browser (Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox recommended), MS PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Cloud Computing Concepts, Technology & Architecture by Thomas Erl, Zaigham Mahmood, and Ricardo Puttini (referred to as CCTA throughout the course) ISBN-13: 978-0133387520
- The book is available from Amazon.com and most major book retailers. Approximate cost of book is $50.
- AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner (CLF-C01) Certification Guide by Anthony Sequeira ISBN-13: 978-0789760487
- The book is available from Amazon.com and most major book retailers. Approximate cost of book is $40.
- Online format with four months to complete the entire program. Each individual course must be completed in 6 weeks.
Digital Badge Details:
- Successful completion of all courses within the program earns you an official LSU digital badge to show off your skill sets. This badge can be used to bulk up your online résumé and showcase your expertise in the topic. Badges are distributed through Badgr. For more information on digital badges, visit the LSU digital badge page.
Prior Learning Assessment:
Through Prior Learning Assessment (PLA), this program is approved to translate into college credit toward an LSU online degree. See below for details.
Flores Master of Business Administration - View Program
3 elective credit hours (no specific elective required)
Replace/waive BADM 7050 Information Systems (3 Credit Hours)
Earn 6 credits toward LSUA CMIS courses
Earn 3 credits toward LSUE
Note: Prior Learning Assessment (PLA) is determined on a case-by-case basis and subject to change. Please reach out to an Enrollment Coach for details.
For more information about this program, email Answers or call 833-280-5634.