American literature from the Civil War to the present; realism, naturalism, modernism; effects of industrialization, immigration, the women’s movement, the civil rights struggle, the world wars.
Credit is awarded from LSU–Baton Rouge.
- Online, self-paced, open-enrollment period
- Six months to complete course
- 15 modules, 2 exams
- A computer with reliable internet access, a webcam, and a headset or speakers, and a microphone.
- You are also responsible for purchasing separately the required textbooks and any additional required materials for this course.
- If you are interested in re-enrolling in a course that you have already taken through our program, please contact us before registering. If you have any questions about registration or payment, please contact our office.
The satisfactory completion of ENGL 1001 or equivalent credit is prerequisite for all English courses numbered 2000 and higher.
Prerequisite Verification: By completing registration in this course, you acknowledge that you meet any prerequisites or requirements to take the course. LSU undergraduate students may have additional requirements imposed by their department or college and must consult with their academic counselor or advisor before enrolling in an ODL course.